Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Second Geometrix Blanket Crocheted


This is the 2nd Geometrix Blanket I made for my Mom. Phil said it took him 40 Hours to create one of these blankets from start to finish. It takes 4 balls each of just two contrasting colors. A total of 2 lbs of yarn. I use Red Heart and it's still warm.


This afghan pattern is called Geometrix. Easy to do, but easy to foul up if you stop paying attention. Once you get past 12 rows, you can pretty much work independently on this pattern without looking at the pattern. I'm working on my 3rd one for a Co-worker. I made this one for myself. A Gentleman who was a Vietnam War Veteran taught our Crochet Guild how to do this pattern and gave us each a copy of the pattern. This made made part of his living crocheting clothes, etc. He passed away over a year ago of throat cancer, now this pattern really has sentimental value to me in his memory. His name was Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment